Caltech Engineering Services offers Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge model MT-160 is suitable for a variety of metallic and non-metallic materials. Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge is operated on micro controller Non-destructive principle. Instant thickness measurements are possible. LCD display for quick and best reliability.
Ultrasonic thickness gauge adopts the theory of sound wave to measure a wide range of material, such as metals, plastic, ceramics, composites, epoxies, glass and other ultrasonic wave well-conductive materials. Main functions are given below:
- Probe-Zero, Sound-Velocity-Calibration.
- Two-Point Calibration
- Two working modes: Single point mode and Scan mode.
- Coupling status indicator showing the coupling status.
- Battery information indicates the rest capacity of the battery.
- Auto sleep and auto power off function to conserve battery life.
- Optional software to process the memory data on the PC.
- Optional thermal mini-printer to print the measured data via RS232 port.
|Display||4.5 digits LCD with EL backlight|
|Measuring Range||0.75~300mm (in Steel)|
|Sound Velocity Range||1000~9999 m/s|
|Accuracy||±(0.5%Thickness+0.04)mm, depends on materials and conditions|
|Units||Metric / English unit selectable|
|Communication||RS232 serial port|
|Power Supply||Two “AA” size, 1.5 volt alkaline batteries. 100 hours typical operating time (EL backlight off)|
|Dimension||150 x 74 x 32 mm|
|Net Weight||245 g|
|Measuring Range||Lower limit
|N02||2.5||14||3.0 mm – 300.0 mm (in Steel)||20 mm||For thick, highly attenuating, or highly
|N05||5||10||1.2 mm – 230.0 mm (in Steel)||Ø20 mm × 3.0 mm||Normal Measurement|
|5||10||1.2 mm – 230.0 mm
|Ø20 mm × 3.0 mm||Normal Measurement|
|N07||7||6||0.75 mm – 80.0 mm (in Steel)||Ø15 mm × 2.0 mm||For thin pipe wall or small curvature pipe
|HT5||5||14||3.0 – 200.0mm
|30 mm||For high temperature (lower than 300 °C) measurement|