Greatly Improved, Fast, Accurate & Economical
The Tinker & Rasor Model M/1 Detector has received wide acceptance in the corrosion control and industrial painting industry as a device for locating bare spots or (holidays) in the thin protective films which are sprayed or brushed on metal or concrete surfaces. This detector is non-destructive and the applied voltage to the coating never exceeds 67.5 volts at any time.
The inspection electrode consists of a 2" x 2" x 7" cellulose sponge which, when dampened with water, is moved over the coated surface. When the electrode passes a void or bare spot, a small current flows and actuates an audible signal in the instrument. The damp sponge provides an electrically conductive film that contacts the surface being inspected and insures good inspection even in corners and around irregular shapes where holidays are most likely to occur.
- Regulated inspection voltage.
- Instant calibration verification
- New six cell battery pack of AA size batteries readily available anywhere.
- Optional comfortable headphones for high noise environments.
- Non-destructive detector case made of a tough ABS plastic.
- Never applies more than 67.5 volts at any time.
Model M/1 Detector system consists of
- Detector Unit with batteries, housed in a 5" x 6" x 3" inch heavy duty two-color plastic case complete with slides for attaching to the operator's belt.
- Wand with 18"phenolic handle, clamp and 6-foot cable. Longer wand handles for inside inspection available at extra cost.
- Cellulose sponge electrode 2" x 2" x 7"
- Ground wire with 15 foot cable and clamp
- Set of instructions. (not shown)
- Shipping weight (domestic): 4 lbs (1.8 kg) for domestic delivery.
- Shipping box (domestic, L x W X H): 21" x 6" x 5" (53 x 15 x 13 cm)