Many polymer materials are often be damage by natural environmental factors which from Earths surface and atmosphere when it used outdoor. Thus affect their useful life. Inorder to properly assess their useful life in the outdoors, using the environmental testing equipment to simulation of each kinds of natural climatic conditions ,study weather resistance of each kinds of products in the laboratory has becomea widely and effective method.
For artificial accelerated weathering test, two most universal light sources in the world are Fluorescent UV lamp and Xenon lamp. Fluorescent UV lamp just simulates the UV part of full sunshine, so it’s too difficult to get the consistent testing result between exposed sample and practical use sample. But xenon lamp can simulate the spectrum distribution of full spectrum sunshine. So, using the xenon lamps as light source to evaluate the fact lifetime of high polymer materials has higher feasibility.
Xenon lamp is full of xenon, and would send out light because of xenon discharge. The energy distribution of spectrum through this way is very close to sunshine, and its color temperature is near 6,000K . Furthermore, xenon lamphas a stable character, its spectrum energy distribution wouldn’t change at all within the limited lifetime, this is because its spectrum distribution among continuous spectrum part don’t have any relation to input power of lamp. As aspecial light source, xenon lamp has a good consistency for electric parameters, and it is easy to light, once light on, it can output a steady light energyat once. Furthermore, during working, the electric parameter won’t be influenced by any external conditions.
Artificial weathering of coatings or exposure of coatings to filtered xenon-arc radiation is carried out in order to obtain the degree of change in a selected property after a certain radiant exposure H, and/or the radiant exposure which is required to produce a certain degree of ageing. The properties selected for monitoring should preferably be those which are important for the practical use of the coatings. The properties of the coatingsexposed are compared which those of unexposed coating prepared from the samecoating materials at the same time and in the same way (control specimens)or with those of coatings exposed at the same time whose behavior during testing in exposure apparatus is already known (reference specimens).
Xenon Lamp lightcan emulate the effect of sunshine,while water spray system can emulate the effects of rain and dew. During the test, radiation energy and temperature are controllable. A typical test cycle generally carries out under strong irradiation of Xenon light and periodic precipitation. These tests generally appliedin the fields of paint and coatings,automotive industry, plastic, wood, glue,etc…
BGD series Xenon Light Accelerated Weathering Cabinets（here in after referred as B-SUN）use Xenon lamps as artificial light source, and canmodify the full spectrum sun light. Controlling the temperature, humidity .Its inner temperature and humidity can be properly controlled toobtain the periodicprecipitation on the sample for fully evaluating the damaged factor causedby sunlight, moisture and temperature (materials aging phenomenon includes fading, disluster, intensity reduction, racking, flaking, chalking, and oxidation).
BGD 866 B-SUN is an economic xenon light accelerated weathering tester. It is equipped with a piece low power air-cooling xenon lamp to produce enough big irradiance energy in a small space, on the other hand, it adopts a special catoptrical system to ensure every exposure samples get the homogeneous irradiance distribution. It also can simulate influence that water or other humidity of environment to outdoor material.
A product exposed outdoors to direct sunlight experiences maximum light intensity for only a few hours each day. B-SUN can subject test specimens to the equivalent of noon summer sunlight for 24 hours a day, every day. Consequently, specimen degradation can be highly accelerated.
For many customers, they are affordable: B-SUN Tester’s low purchase price, low lamp prices and low operating costs create a break through in the price/performance equation. Now even the smallest lab can afford xenonarc testing.
- The Xenon light source correspond with international standards; ensure reproducibility and comparability of testing results.
- Optional light-filters can meet the requirements of many international standards.
- Small Size, easy to install, use and practically maintenance-free.
- Touch screen and user-friendly operation interface allow handlers set the test parameters and monitor all the test process easily.
- Specimen mounting and evaluationis fast and easy because of unique slide-out specimen tray
- Real-time data can be collected and recorded. The incidental USB connector allows users to copy the test data into a USB drive, achieving unattended operation.
- Irradiance energy can be accurately controlled. The "Solar Eye" control system can automatically compensate the change of light intensity caused by ageing or other factors.
- The test procedures can be programmed freely; and up to 6 predetermined procedures can be saved in one time. Every procedure includes up to 10 segments setting data.
- Users can easily calibrateand adjust the irradiance or the blackboard temperature by themselves.
- With high precision Pt100 Temperature sensor. Blackboard temperature is auto-controlled during the whole process
- Alarm function for protection：Over temperature, over heating load.
- Xenon Lamp：a 1.8KW imported originally Xenon lamp or a Chinese 1.8 KW Xenon lamp
- Filter：Daylight filter or Windows Glass filter
- Lamp Lifetime: Near 1,500hours
- Exposure Area：1,000 cm2 (can put 9 standard samples 150×70mm)
- AdjustableIrradiance Range：
0.35～0.70 W/m2 (Singlepoint of control: 340nm)；
0.5～2.1 W/m2(Single point of control: 420nm)；
30 W/m2～100 W/m2 (Fullspectrum :from 300～400nm)
- Adjustable Black Board Temperature Range：RT+30℃～80℃
- Interior Material of Chamber：Stainless steel -SUS 304 material
- Exterior Materialof Chamber：Powdercoating
- Net Weight：110KG
- Power Supply：220V 50/60HZ；Max Current 13A
|BGD 866||Small Xenon Test Chamber|
|BGD 8155||Xenon Lamps （1.8 KW）|
|X-1800||Q-Lab Xenon Lamps （1.8 KW）|
|BGD 8140||Calibration Radiometer for Xenon lamp（340nm）|
|BGD 8141||CalibrationRadiometer for Xenon lamp（420nm）|
|BGD 8142||CalibrationRadiometer for Xenon lamp（300～400nm）|