A pendulum resting on a coating surface is set into oscillation and the time for the oscillation amplitude to decrease by an amount specified in this International Standard is measured. The shorter the damping time, the lower the hardness.
Two test procedures are considered in some detail, namely those of König and Persoz. (The Persoz and König methods differ by the period and amplitude of the oscillation. The Persoz test measures the time taken for the amplitude of oscillation to decrease from 12° to 4°; the König from 6° to 3°.)
The instruments embody the same principle — that the amplitude of oscillation of a pendulum touching a surface decreases more rapidly the softer the surface — but differ in respect of dimensions, period and amplitude of oscillation.
BGD 509 Pendulum Hardness Tester is the newest product which can be used in accordance with the following National and International Standards: ISO 1522 which supersedes ASTM D4366; BS 3900 E5; DIN 53157; NBN T22-105; NF T30-016.
It’s a simple to use instrument and can be supplied in one of three model types: Persoz, König, Persoz and König combined.
- Automatic counter range：0～999
- High precision machined parts (Pendulum) ensure a repeatable and comparable testing result.
- Can change two test procedure: König or Persoz test
- Humanistic LCD Operator Interface
- Release Pendulum with shutter release, can get more accuracy test result.
- Mount specimen automatically with elevating work platform can mount, easily and conveniently
- Can record automatically the time or times for the amplitude of swing to decrease from one angle to other angle and stop testing automatically.
- Record the data with two light sensitive sensors
- Can select record mode freely: Timing mode or counting mode.
- Single piece glass enclosure reduces the effects of air flow on final results.
|Ordering Information →
Technical Item ↓
|BGD 509/K||BGD 509/P||BGD 509/K+P|
|Period of Oscillation||1.4s||1s||1.4s/1s|
|Damping Time on Glass||250±10s||430±10s||250±10s/430±10s|