In order to perform satisfactorily, coatings must adhere to the substrates on which they are applied. In practice, three different test procedures are used to assess the resistance of paints and coatings to separation from substrates:
This test method specifies a procedure for assessing the resistance of paints and coatings to separation from substrates when a right angle lattice pattern is cut into the coating, penetrating through to the substrate.
The method may be used for a quick pass/fail test. When applied to a multi-coat system, assessment of the resistance to separation of individual layers of the coating from each other may be made.
This test method covers the determination of the adhesion of organic coatings such aspaint, varnish, and lacquer when applied to smooth, flat(planar)panel surface.It has been found useful in providing relative ratings for a series of coated panels exhibiting significant difference in adhesion.
The materials under test are applied at uniform thickness to flat panels, usually sheet metal of uniform surface texture. After drying, the adhesion is determined by pushing the panels beneath a rounded stylus or loop that is loaded with increasing amount of weight until the coating is removed from the substrate surface.
Adhesion of asingle coating or a multi-coat system of paint, varnish or related products is assessed by measuring the minimum tensile stress necessary to detach or rupture the coating in a direction perpendicular to the substrate. This method maximizes tensile stress as compared to the shear stress applied by other methods such as scratch adhesion and results may not be comparable. The test is performed by securing a loading fixture (dolly) perpendicular to the surface of the coating with an adhesive. After the adhesive is cured, a testing apparatus is attached to the loading fixture and aligned to apply tension perpendicular to the testsurface. The force applied is gradually increased and monitored until either a plug of coating material is detached, or a specified value is reached.
BGD 500 digital pull-off adhesion tester is a portable, hand-operated instrument which is used to measure the force required to pull a specified test diameter of coating away from its substrate using hydraulic pressure. The pressure is displayed on a digital LCD and represents the coating’s strength of adhesion to the substrate.
It evaluates the adhesion (pull-off strength) of a coating by determining the greatest tensile pull-off force that it can bear before detaching. Breaking points, demonstrated by fractured surfaces,occur along the weakest plane within the system consisting of dolly, adhesive,coating layers and substrate.
Coating or a multi-coat system of paint is applied/distributed to substrate uniformly witha certain thickness.
After coating has been dried or cured, adhere dolly to surface of coating directly with special adhesive.
After the adhesive is cured, use BGD 500 digital pull-off adhesion tester to attach the loading fixture and aligned to apply tension perpendicular to the test surface. Tester pull off the dolly at a speed of 1MPa/s by hydraulic pump, and measures the force required to pull a specified test diameter of coating away from its substrate using hydraulic pressure, this force is shown through the LCD oftester.
- Portable design, built-in rechargeable lithium batter, no need external power supply, can be used in any position
- Pull Rate Indicator allows operator to easily monitor and adjust the rate of pull in accordance with international test methods
- Easily select dolly sizes, change measurement units or store readings, with the touch of abutton
- Conversion charts not required – tester automatically calculates pressure based on dolly size
- Inexpensive,single-use dollies eliminate cleaning for re-use and can be kept as a permanentre cord
- Each kit comes with everything needed for testing
- Environmentally sealed enclosure – weatherproof, dustproof and shockproof - meets or exceedsIP65
- Rugged carrying case
- Two year warranty
- Every Adhesion Tester pressure system is calibrated and certified to ± 1% accuracy using NIST traceable load cell
- Self-aligning aluminium dolly enables accurate measurements on smooth or uneven surfaces
- Hi-grade,industrial pressure sensor ensures continued accuracy
- Builtin real-time clock, all reserved data has its own data and time, is convenient for operator to manage test data
- Internal Memory (200 pulls) stores maximum pull-off pressure, rate of pull, test duration and dolly size
- No need any software, BGD 500 is also a U disk, when connecting the computer,operator can read all data directly which is recorded during testing.
- LCD displays pressure value in psi or MPa
- 10,14, 20 or 50 mm dollies maximize capability and measurement resolution across a wide range of bond strengths
- Dolly Size: 20mm (Standard); 10mm、14mm、50mm (Optional)
- Resolution: 0.01MPa (1psi)
- Accuracy: ±1% Full scale
- Max. Pull-off Pressure: Φ10mm dolly →0-80 MPa; Φ14mm dolly→0-40 MPa;
Φ20mm dolly→0-20 MPa; Φ50mm dolly→0-3.5 MPa;
- Power: Built-in rechargeable lithium battery, and standard configuration charging adapter.
- Adhesion Tester Size: 360mm×75mm×115mm (L x W x H)
- Adhesion Tester Weight: 3KG
- Adhesion Tester with digital display
- 20mm Aluminum test dollies (20 pcs)
- Cutting toll for 20mm dollies，
- 3M Adhesive and glue gun
- Micro-USB cable
- Operation Manual
- Carrying case
|Digital Pull-Off Adhesion Tester|
|BGD 500||Digital Pull-off Adhesion Tester|
|BGD 1520||10mm Dolly（10 pcs/package）|
|BGD 1521||14mm Dolly（10 pcs/package）|
|BGD 1522||20mm Dolly（10 pcs/package）|
|BGD 1523||50mm Dolly（10 pcs/package）|
|BGD 1526||Cutting Tool|
|BGD 1527||3M Adhesive|