Many polymer materials are often be damage by natural environmental factors which from Earths surface and atmosphere when it used outdoor. Thus affect their useful life. Inorder to properly assess their useful life in the outdoors, using the environmental testing equipment to simulation of each kinds of natural climatic conditions ,study weather resistance of each kinds of products in the laboratory has becomea widely and effective method.
For artificial accelerated weathering test, two most universal light sources in the world are Fluorescent UV lamp and Xenon lamp. Fluorescent UV lamp just simulates the UV part of full sunshine, so it’s too difficult to get the consistent testing result between exposed sample and practical use sample. But xenon lamp can simulate the spectrum distribution of full spectrum sunshine. So, using the xenon lamps as light source to evaluate the fact lifetime of high polymer materials has higher feasibility.
Xenon lamp is full of xenon, and would send out light because of xenon discharge. The energy distribution of spectrum through this way is very close to sunshine, and its color temperature is near 6,000K . Furthermore, xenon lamphas a stable character, its spectrum energy distribution wouldn’t change at all within the limited lifetime, this is because its spectrum distribution among continuous spectrum part don’t have any relation to input power of lamp. As aspecial light source, xenon lamp has a good consistency for electric parameters, and it is easy to light, once light on, it can output a steady light energy at once. Furthermore, during working, the electric parameter won’t be influenced by any external conditions.
Artificial weathering of coatings or exposure of coatings to filtered xenon-arc radiationis carried out in order to obtain the degree of change in a selected property after a certain radiant exposure H, and/or the radiant exposure which is required to produce a certain degree of ageing. The properties selected for monitoring should preferably be those which are important for the practical useof the coatings. The properties of the coatings exposed are compared which those of unexposed coating prepared from the same coating materials at the same time and in the same way (control specimens)or with those of coatings exposed at the same time whose behavior during testing in exposure apparatus is already known (reference specimens).
Xenon Lamp light can emulate the effect of sunshine. During the test, radiation energyand temperature are controllable.These tests generally applied in the fields of paint and coatings, automotive industry,plastic, wood, glue, etc…
BGD 865 B-SUN is an economic xenon light accelerated weathering tester. It is equipped with a piece low powerair-cooling xenon lamp to produce enough big irradiance energy in a small space, on the other hand, it adopts a special catoptrical system to ensure every exposure samples get the homogeneous irradiance distribution.
A product exposed outdoors to direct sunlight experiences maximum light intensityfor only a few hours each day. B-SUN can subject test specimens to the equivalent of noon summer sunlight for 24 hours a day, every day. Consequently, specimen degradation can be highly accelerated.
For many customers, they are affordable: B-SUN Tester’s low purchase price, low lamp prices and low operating costs create a breakt hrough in the price/performance equation. Now even the smallest lab can afford xenonarc testing.
Simple, Economicand easy to use
- The Xenon light source correspond with international standards; ensure reproducibility and comparability of testing results.
- Optional light-filters can meet the requirements of many international standards.
- Small Size, easy to install, use and practically maintenance-free.
- Touch screen and user-friendly operation interface allow handlers set the test parameters and monitor all the test process easily.
- Specimen mounting and evaluation is fast and easy With unique slide-out specimen tray
- Real-time data can be collected and recorded. The incidental USB connector allow users to copy the test data into a USB drive, achieving unattended operation.
- Irradiance energy can be accurately controlled. The "Solar Eye" control system can automatically compensate the change of light intensity caused by ageing or other factors.
- The test procedures can be programmed freely; and up to 6 predetermined procedures can be saved in one time. Every procedure includes up tp 10 segments setting data.
- Users can easily calibrate and adjust the irradiance or the blackboard temperature by themselves.
- With High precision Pt100 Temperature sensor. Blackboard temperature is auto-controlled during the whole process
- Alarm function for protection：Over temperature, over heating load.
- Xenon Lamp：a 1.8KW imported originally Xenon lamp or a Chinese 1.8 KW Xenon lamp
- Fliter：Daylight filter or Windows Glass filter
- Lamp Lifetime: Near 1,500 hours
- Exposure Area：1,000 cm2 (can put 9 standard samples 150×70mm)
- Adjustable Irradiance Range：
0.35～0.70 W/m2 (Single point of control: 340nm)
0.5～2.1 W/m2 (Single point of control: 420nm)
30 W/m2～100 W/m2 (Full spectrum :from 300～400nm)
- Adjustable Black Board Temperature Range：RT+30℃～80℃
- Interior Material of Chamber：Stainless steel -SUS 304 material
- Exterior Material of Chamber：Powder coating
- Overall Size：1050×530×375mm
- Weight：65 KG
- Power Supply：220V 50/60HZ；Max Current 13A
|BGD 865||Bench Xenon Test Chamber|
|BGD 8155||Xenon Lamps （1.8 KW）|
|X-1800||Q-Lab Xenon Lamps （1.8 KW）|